- This Rosewater is so awesome smelling – it instantly reinvigorates you!
- It is made from Kannauj Rose, supposedly one of the most precious and fragrant oil-bearing roses
- Also as per Zofla blog, the product is 100% steam distilled and can last more than 12 months, although it has been benchmarked by them for 12 months only
- The rose water comes in a bottle with the spritzer, but I find it to be a little harsh kind; it just sprays on one area only instead of like spraying all around. So I transferred the liquid to my empty bon organics rosewater bottle – its spritzer is perfect!
- I like to keep my rose water in the fridge to get that extra cooling effect. Most of the time I apply this after cleansing, but sometimes also use it after a tiring day out – and man! It instantly refreshes you!
- Along with it being refreshing, rosewater is said to be anti-inflammatory, acne-preventing, anti-aging and moisturizing!
- 🍃 Natural, Plant-based ingredients
- Kannauj Rose Petals,
About Zofla :
Rabab Fatima the lady behind the brand, was born in a family that has been guarding the secret of ‘Attar’, the traditional Indian perfume, for more than two centuries and is well known for its production. Attar is a super concentrated essential oil generally made from sandalwood or rose.
The family makes these oils by the process of distillation on a wood-burning stove. This method of attar making has been in use for centuries.
The traditional attar industry is fast losing ground in Kannauj due to the high costs of production. Up until the late 1990s, there were around 650 perfumeries. Now there are only 100 or so surviving that produce attar using the traditional method. In a mission to preserve her family’s history and save this dying art of traditional extraction, Rabab started Zofla in 2015.
The philosophy behind Zofla is that we want to create a zone of floral aroma in everybody’s life. Hence, the name ‘Zofla’. Zofla is India’s leading producer of natural handmade organic herbal and floral aromatic products. We are a 100% vegetarian company and we are committed to providing people with the goodness of nature only. Our products are hand-crafted by artisans & craftsmen with lots of love and attention to detail.
Read about the family history here.