My Review :
- Vilvah Cream Conditioner is an awesome creamy conditioner providing awesome slip and moisturization.
- Citrus & Lavender is used for the fragrance – and I felt it was a little strong, but one gets used to it with usage. I have curly hair so I need a good slip conditioner for detangling in the shower and man! yes! – this has a good slip. I apply it, wait for a few minutes, and then gently comb through with a wide-toothed comb to remove any knots. I then rinse and make sure to leave a wee bit in. Been using the conditioner for sometime now, and I feel it is giving a good shine.
- Vilvah Cream Conditioner comes in an aluminum bottle with a plastic cap. Aluminum is an awesome sustainable option since it can be recycled and reused an infinite number of times. The plastic cap can be locked, making the packaging ideal for travel too.
- The Vilvah products are sent wrapped in recyclable paper instead of the usual plastic bubble-wrap which I think is awesome! Also, the products do not have any outer packaging which is good, but yes – the product is sealed in plastic and sent. Understandably this is required when the package is sent through couriers.
- I have been using the conditioner along with their oil and shampoo and am definitely loving their products.
- ☘️Organic & Natural ingredients
- 👩🏻🌾Agricultural produce Ethically Sourced from local produce
- ✅Biodegradable packaging – use of paper (instead of bubble wrap)
- ♻Eco-friendly – use of aluminum bottles & no outer (paper) packaging
What more can one ask for?
- Aqua – water – mainly a solvent for ingredients that do not like to dissolve in oils
- *Aloe vera juice – soothing, moisturizer/humectant
- *Raw Honey – soothing, moisturizer/humectant, antimicrobial & antibacterial
- **Cetearyl alcohol – emollient, viscosity-controlling, emulsion-stabilizer
- **Behentrimonium methosulphate – surfactant/cleansing, antistatic
- **Stearamidopropyl dimethylamine – emulsifying, surfactant/cleansing, hair-conditioning
- *Brassica oleracea var.italica (Broccoli seed oil) – emollient, hair-conditioning
- **Olea europeae (Olive Fruit Oil) – antioxidant, emollient
- *Nigella sativa (Kalonji Oil) – soothing, antioxidant, emollient, an anti-inflammatory which strengthens hair, helps treat hair loss
- *Linum usitatissimum (Flaxseed Extract) – perfuming, smoothens the hair and improves the texture by giving an amazing slip to your hair
- *Silybum marianum (Milk Thistle Extract) – antioxidant, soothing, anti-inflammatory, hair-conditioning
- **Vitamin E oil,
- **Vegetable Glycerin – present in packaging/not in the site
- **Musa Extract (Banana) – hydrate and moisturize hair, smoothing, softening and astringent properties
- **Camellia sinensis (Green tea extract) – hair-conditioning, anti-oxidant, UV-absorber, soothe dryness, eliminate dandruff, anti-inflammatory,
- **Glutenin (Wheat Protein Extract) – moisturizes, nourishes, softens the hair and makes the hair appear volumized
- *Jojoba oil – hair conditioning, emollient
- **Polyquaternium-10 – viscosity-controlling (thickener), form a nice film on the hair, used for detangling, hair-conditioning – an excellent hair conditioner
- **Sodium PCA – hair-conditioning, humectant, antistatic
- *Citrus reticulata (Mandarin essential oil) – fragrance-ingredient, anti-oxidant
- Citrus aurabtium (*Sweet orange essential oil) – fragrance-ingredient
- *Citrus paradisi (Grapefruit Essential oil) – fragrance-ingredient, helps address oily hair
- **Lavandula (Lavender essential oil) – antimicrobial/antibacterial properties, promotes hair growth
- **Sodium Benzoate – mild preservative mainly against fungi
- **Potassium Sorbate – mild preservative more against mold and yeast
- **Sodium Gluconate – chelating, moisturizer/humectant, helps to prevent discoloration of the formula over time or rancidity of cosmetic oils
Vilvah Store is an all-natural skincare brand, which makes skincare goodies with the freshest ingredients. We bring you the right mix of agricultural produce, carrier oils, butter, and essential oils to nourish your skin by embracing the simple yet effective properties of the ingredients. The produce is obtained in its purest form, without any harsh chemicals, additives, synthetic oils or perfumes and this is the very basis of Vilvah Store. Our painstaking effort to source out the finest raw materials reflects in our products.
Our goal is to help you make the right choice about the right skincare products. We handcraft each product in-house and we deliver to all-natural product enthusiasts across the world.
100% farmed and sourced locally – Using the freshest ingredients and sourced from our local farmers is what we’re all about. We are committed to supporting our organic family of farmers and are proud to create beauty from the ground up.
Words from the founder – Kruthika Kumaran
My mother had sensitive skin and suffered from skin problems for more than a decade. The products she used on her skin made it even worse. My late mother is the reason for my path to creating my own natural soaps. It was her wish for me to use safe products that inspired me to learn and do what I do today.
After completing my diploma in natural cosmetology, I started experimenting with Goatmilk soaps since I come from an agricultural background and my daughter had eczema, a condition with dry skin. After many experiments, we perfected a recipe that we originally created for our family and that is what we sell to our customers. We started out with 2 or 3 goats on our farm and now there are countless herds of goats from whom the fresh goat milk is obtained and different goatmilk products are made. Even though we have introduced different skincare products over time, the classic Goat milk soap will always remain close to my heart.
I have always dreamt about creating a clean and sustainable skincare range and vilvah is a complete family project of me. My husband Mr.Kumaran and my 7-year-old daughter are a constant source of support. According to me, the skin is the largest organ of the body and feeding one’s skin with what you consider edible is as important as feeding oneself.