- Urban Platter Vegan Parmesan is made up mainly of cashews along with a good dose of nutritional yeast
- This nutritional yeast adds the cheesy taste to the parmesan –
- The yeast is grown on molasses for the purpose of a food supplement and has a pleasant, cheese-like flavor, very low sodium, and is nutrient-dense
- It is easily digestible and contains all the essential amino acids.
- It requires no refrigeration on its own and has a long shelf-life. Since it is not a live yeast, it has no fermenting or leavening power. (from the Urban Platter site)
- I have used this parmesan on top of dosas, salads, on pizzas (along with mozzarella) – and it tastes yum. Especially on dosas, it gives a nice flavor!
- I have also used it to make a salad dressing and it made a decent one 🙂
- On top of pasta, a thick layer of this – and you have a nice creamy pasta!
- Do give this a try and let me know what you think.
- Cashew nuts,
- Sunflower seeds,
- Nutritional yeast,
- Dried garlic powder,
- Pink Himalayan rock salt powder
About Urban Platter :
Urban Platter was founded in 2015 with a vision to deliver Simply Good Food for people who seek a personal connection with what they eat.
Our vision is to become your go-to destination for everyday essentials and gourmet edibles from around the world. We’re passionate about food and we sincerely put a ton of research behind every product available on our platform. Our team curates what’s good from what’s not-so-good and makes choices simple for you.