Soapworks sends its products in a nice paper carton box with paper tapes. Inside they use fine paper bits to provide cushioning and there is no plastic involved in the packaging at all. No plastic AT ALL! isn’t that awesome?
The product contains plastic for the cap and the sharpener, but otherwise, it looks like it’s plastic-free. I discussed with them with regard to this, and they mentioned that the eyeliner can be purchased without the cap if required. Also, the sharpener is optional; once can skip it since any kohl sharpener can be used on this. So both the cap and the sharpener are optional! So if purchased without them, the product is completely plastic-free! Yayyy!
The kohl can be applied on the lower and upper eyelid, either on the inside or outside of the eyelid. It is gentle and provides a good color pay off when applied on the outside of the upper eyelid. On the lower waterline, it needs to be applied more than once to get a good color payoff – maybe that’s because I have watery lower lashline. But other than that, it is gentle, non-irritating and the color slowly fades off and does not smudge as such.
This formula is enriched with active ingredients like Amla, Cucumber & Green tea that help nourish the eye and cause no irritation or allergy. The Activated charcoal used is a 100% organic bamboo charcoal that not only lends rich blackness but also ensures that eyes are protected. Also, the formula is said to be totally water-free so there are no random preservatives and other unnecessary fillers.
There is no need to use special eye makeup remover – It can be removed easily with coconut oil or any basic makeup remover.
This Kohl Pencil is gentle, has a soft and smooth texture, blends effortlessly and is made up of all-natural and clean ingredients. Use this pencil to give depth and intensity to your eyes without the worry of smudging, irritation or allergy.
This can definitely become your go-to kajal for its gentleness, clean ingredients, and ease-of-removal. Do give this one a shot.
- Hydrogenated Soybean Oil – emollient, moisturizer/humectant, viscosity controlling
- Copernicia Cerifera Cera – emollient – Also called as Carnauba Wax. A vegetable wax coming from the leaves of the Brazilian tropical palm tree, Copernicia cerifera. Similar to other waxes, it is used to stabilize and give body to products, or to keep stick type formulas solid. It is the hardest natural wax with a high melting point (around 85C) and high gloss.
- Ozokerite – it is used mainly in stick type products, to keep the product nice and solid
- Ricinus Communis Seed Oil – Also called as Castor oil. A stalwart in thick and gloss-giving formulas. It is a very effective emollient and occlusive that reduces skin moisture loss.
- Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil – emollient plant oil
- Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil – A goldish to dark yellow emollient plant oil coming from Sesame seeds. Similar to many other plant oils, it contains high amounts of nourishing and moisturizing fatty acids. It is rapidly absorbed and gives the skin a soft and gentle feel.
- Cinnamomum camphora (Camphor) Bark Oil – also called Ho Wood Oil. Is a white to transparent solid that has a waxy texture, strong aromatic odor.
- Gooseberry Extract (Emblica Officinalis) – Indian gooseberry extract – nourishes the eye
- Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract – soothing, emollient – Cucumber is a nice, non-irritating plant extract that’s known for it’s soothing and emollient properties. It’s commonly believed that cucumber is the answer to puffy eyes, It contains amino acids and organic acids that are helpful for the skin’s acid mantle. There is also an enzyme in the pulp that’s shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract – Green tea is proven to be a great antioxidant, UV protectant, anti-inflammatory, anticarcinogenic and antimicrobial
- Sorbic Acid – mild, natural preservative
- Titanium Dioxide – It helps to increase the opaqueness, and reduce the transparency of product formulas.
- lron Oxide Red, Iron Oxide Yellow, lron Oxide Black – colorant
- Activated Charcoal – Used is a 100% organic bamboo charcoal that lends rich blackness
- Cera alba (beeswax) – Used for a moisturizing effect
About Soapworks India :
Soapworks soaps was created because of a sincere concern about the harsh chemicals present in skincare products and the adverse effects of these chemicals on us, our children and our planet.
Soapworks was started by a young woman named Harini Sivakumar who is a banker turned entrepreneur. Soap making was her passion and hobby. During the initial days, she used to make a few batches of soaps just for home use and to gift them to friends and relatives. Over a period of time, the demand for these soaps started to develop and had a lot of requests on custom orders. The hobby gradually grew into a small home-run business and now into a formal manufacturing unit. Harini also has her studio at Sector 47, Gurgaon, Haryana where she formulates her unique recipes and also retails out.
The USP of the products is that they are 100% natural and chemical-free. The colorants used are botanical (indigo powder, arrowroot powder, spirulina powder) and micas, and the fragrances used are essential oils and fragrances that are plant-based and chemical-free.
Today, at Soapworks there is a huge selection of bath and body products. People have become more aware of the harmful effects of the chemicals these bigger MNCs use in their products are slowly turning to natural and organic living.