- Beautiful chinnalapattu saree made from banana fiber
- Chinnalpattu is a small town located in Tamil Nadu
- It is known mainly for its beautiful Banana Silk sarees (famously known as “Chinnalappattu”) and Sungudi sarees which are made in the traditional way
- Weaving has been a way of life in Chinalapatti for centuries – The town’s economy mainly depends on the handloom weaving industry and the town is well known for it.
- The industry provides a livelihood for more than 10,000 workers and a lot of Sungudi sarees from Chinnalapatti are exported to Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, and South Africa
- These Chinnalapattu sarees are made in the traditional way – Fibres from the banana stem are scrapped manually, then the color is added to it and then it is handwoven into beautiful sarees.
- They recommend dry washing and not soaking the saree in water.
- The saree is light and extremely easy to drape
- Does not come with a blouse piece
- Only natural dyes are used
- The sarees are sold on an Instagram store called paavaidesigns
- The sarees get sold out pretty quickly so in case you like something you can ping them and let them know. If you take too long to decide they will be gone 😛
- The store sent out a beautifully handwritten card – love these touches.
- Check out the beautiful chinnalapattu sarees at paavai to see how amazing they are!
About Paavaidesigns :
An online clothing brand that brings you handcrafted sarees entwined with the various Indian weaving techniques and rooted traditions.
Paavaidesigns was launched out of the very need to help sustain handloom weaving, an art that is on the verge of being extinct. Shopping at Paavai, you not only just appreciate the handwoven art but you are also making a difference in the life of our very own weaving community.