My Review :
- I ordered the soap online from Auroville.com and they sent the package beautifully wrapped in a handmade cloth covering. It was extremely thoughtful and loved the fact that they took the time to do something so personal and time-consuming! Thank you Aurovilledotcom for that.
- So the package had a nice handmade cloth covering and then the cardboard box containing the soaps. Inside there was a small paper pouch containing a few plant seeds. 🙂
- As for the Rose Beauty Bath Muffin, it is equally beautiful – comes in an nice rose shape
- The soap has a peculiar smell I feel – it is not strong or weird-smelling – but it has some different kinda fragrance. I don’t know if its the coconut oil or if rose essential oil or the combination of both that smells that way, but yeah – the soap has this smell. Although, It is not overpowering or bad-smelling in any way.
- It lathers really well. And once we wash it off, the lather goes down the drain easily. In the sense, the lather is not thick or foamy which takes a lot of water, but is of light-texture and easily drains off.
- The soap lasted me for about 20 days, with 2 washes on each day.
- I used the soap on my face as well – and did not find it extremely drying on my combination skin
- As per their blog post – Glycerin is a humectant that is a natural byproduct of saponification, the chemical reaction that produces soap. When you wash with MGEcoduties All Natural Bath Bars and shampoos, there is a thin layer of natural glycerin left behind, which will draw moisture to your skin. The general health of the skin relates directly to its moisture content. MGEcoduties All Natural Handmade Bath Bars can help the skin maintain a moisture balance while nourishing the skin.
- In spite of this, I found the soap to be a little drying on my body :/ ( I have extremely dry skin anyways)
- The soap is made of Probiotics and, Purified and structured water with Probiotic Ceramic Rings
- Probiotics are live microorganisms which, when applied in adequate amounts deliver a health benefit to the host
- The probiotics in the products remain active even after having been washed off. They provide benefits to you, for example – they do good for your water pipes by helping in preventing calcification and for your septic tank as they limit clogging. i.e they are beneficial for the ecosystem.
- The aim of MG EcoDuties is to make products that have a positive impact on health as well as preserving the environment
- I am going to continue using this soap and see how it works throughout the coming season.
- The brand also has home cleaning solutions for laundry, dishwashing, floor cleaning, glass cleaning, etc which they sell by the concept of the refilling system only i.e one has to go their store in Auroville, Pondicherry, with clean bottles and buy the products using their own bottles. Their aim behind this is to prevent plastic bottles from going to the landfill.
- They also have probiotic jewelry – which as per their blog emit far-infrared that aid in structuring body fluids, increases circulation & vitality, better sleeping, and relaxation, decreases stress & fatigue, reduces muscle & rheumatic pain, boost the immune system & provide an overall sense of well-being.
- Their products being environment-friendly contain no parabens, phthalates, additives, preservatives and synthetic chemicals.
- Head over to the article by AyeshaKapur here to read more about the brand.
- The brand uses ‘The Probiotics Technology’ – wherein beneficial microbes are used to repopulate environments with healthy microorganisms. It sounds like a very interesting technology and I am definitely going to continue using their products. Cheers!
- ☘️ Certified Natural Ingredients,100% natural and eco-friendly
- ❌Palm oil-free
- ✅Biodegradable packaging – use of paper
- Saponified Edible coconut oil,
- Probiotics –
- Probiotics are live microorganisms that, when applied in adequate amounts deliver a health benefit to the host.
- One can also call them “good bacteria”. Lactobacillus is the most common probiotic, it is also one of the healthiest as it strengthens the skin microbiome and provides relief for various sensitive skin conditions.
- Certified rose essential oil – The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of rose essential oil is a natural remedy for dry sensitive skin
- Purified and Structured water with Probiotic Ceramic Rings – The Probiotics Ceramic Ring emits Far Infrared Rays that improve the water quality by Restructuring, Revitalizing, Energizing, Controlling Oxidation, Reducing the Clusters and Water Surface Tension.
About MGEcoduties Probiotic House :
Dr.Margarita Correa and Guidelma Grandi are the geniuses behind the brand and concept of Probiotics House. Dr.Margarita Correa is a chemical engineer by profession and has been working with probiotics.
MGEcoduties is an Auroville Commercial Unit under the Kattida Kalai Trust – Auroville Foundation, based in Auroville – India, established in 2011. It involves the replacement of chemical products for well-being, cleaning products for hospitality, waste rehabilitation, and bio-remediation. Its products are based on unique Probiotic Technology using certified probiotic mother culture to manufacture the products.
Probiotics Technology utilizes beneficial microbes to repopulate environments with healthy microorganisms. These microbes contain several strains each carrying specific properties that enable them to offer benefits in human & livestock health, improve agriculture, residential homes, and garden environment, composting, odor control, industrial waste, bio-remediation, and aquaculture applications. Although a fermentation process is used, the products are not enzyme based.
While the company started with developing cleaning products for the household segment, R&D efforts resulted in the development of a range of unique, all-natural, non-toxic and fully bio-degradable products that replace certain chemicals being used in well-being products and waste processes.
All the products manufactured by MGEcoduties use a Probiotic Mother Culture and carefully selected organic ingredients. Being microbial in nature, in contrast to the more expensive plant origin products, the products are very competitively priced and very versatile.
Our products are genuine because they are completely eco-friendly made using natural ingredients, sustainable in the long term for the users. We use local ingredients, mainly from our area (Auroville – India); except for the Probiotics Ceramics, that we manufacture using one of the oldest clay in India.
The following includes goals in Natural Soap Making:
- Zero Waste to Landfill, this is why we do refill in all our products. No packaging
- ONLY Certified Natural Ingredients.
- We DO NOT use Palm Oil that destroys rain forests
- We DO NOT use Parabens, Phthalates, Additives, Preservatives, Synthetic Chemicals, etc.
- We take care of Mother Earth and its creatures. We do not use any animal derivative product and/or associated with animal cruelty.
- Purify & Structure the water with Probiotics Ceramics, made by us, for all our manufacturing products.