My review :
I bought this clarifying shampoo from NaturallyYouMe after reading wonderful reviews from Elizabeth through her blog – HonestLiz. And you know what! it definitely is bomb! Only a tiny amount is needed to cleanse the whole scalp and hair. It lathers well and is not at all drying. It clarifies from sweat, oil and product buildup. I use shea butter based products and hence use this shampoo weekly. I love the fact that it does not make my hair feel dry and rough after washing. It cleans well and is slightly moisturizing. As you see the ingredients below you realise that is made up of all clean and mostly plant-derived ingredients.
Also i love the bottle shape – the presence of nozzle-like cap. It provides an easy and hassle-less application in my opinion.
As per Verna Meachum, The Mestiza Muse’s blog – this shampoo is perfect for removing silicones or any other build up one may have due to the presence of Anionic detergents like Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate. Read the awesome explanation of the ingredients that cause the magic here.
The shampoo has NO harsh chemicals, NO synthetic fragrance, NO silicones, NO parabens, NO Sulfates, NO DEA/MEA, NO animal testing, and uses BETTER preservatives. It is Color Safe & Vegan. Do check out this product, you will definitely not be disappointed.
Read the review by Elizabeth from Honest Liz here.
- **Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate – sulfate-free, water soluble, coconut derived mild surfactant.
- **Decyl Glucoside – a mild non-ionic surfactant used in cosmetic formularies including baby shampoo and in products for individuals with sensitive skin.
- **Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate – nice creamy gently surfactant with great foam and great lather based on fatty acids from coconut oil and isoethionic acid, a type of sulfonic acid.
- Glycereth-26 – An emollient and thickening glyceryl ester that acts as a moisturizer.
- **Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate – a surfactant produced on the basis of fatty acids derived from coconut oil
- **Propanediol – Plant-derived, used as an alternative to glycol. Can function as a humectant, emollient, solvent, viscosity enhancer, as well as serve as a carrier for active ingredients and boost preservation efficiency.
- Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5) – Is a humectant that promotes moisture absorption.
- Polyquaternium-10 – Used in shampoos for detangling, provides a light hold.
- **Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose – Is a semisynthetic polymer based on cellulose.
- Biotin – Used as a texturizer in cosmetics, shampoos, and creams.
- **Vanillin -for fragrance
- **Hydrolyzed Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Seed Protein – offers one of the most powerful repair complexes among all of the vegetable proteins
- *Nigella Sativa (Virgin Black Cumin) Oil,
- Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine – is a lipid-based conditioning agent
- Lactic Acid,
- Caprylhydroxamic Acid – a gentle preservative that ensures product safety and longevity
- **Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract – natural antiseptic properties and an invigorating fragrance that helps stimulate the senses.
- **Boswellia Carterii Oil – encourages the growth of new skin cells and reduces excess dryness or oiliness
- **Lactobacillus/Punica Granatum Fruit Ferment Extract – cosmetic ingredient for skin and hair conditioning
- **Lactobacillus/Pumpkin Ferment Extract – The moisturizing and smoothing properties lends the hair brilliant shine – from roots to ends.
- **Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil – deeply moisturising.
- **Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil – a cosmetic ingredient for hair and skin conditioning.
- **Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil – encourage hair growth and effective in getting rid of the buildup
- **Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil – One of its components is a substance called bisabolol, which helps soften and make skin suppler.
- **Geranium Maculatum Oil – helps restore the hairs natural pH, helping to keep the hair hydrated, healthy, soft and balanced
- **Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Seed Oil – this oil helps address oily hair
- **Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil – promote hair growth
- **Pogostemon Cablin Oil – it is an antiseptic, astringent, and fungicide. All three properties are amazing for mild to severe scalp conditions like dandruff, psoriasis, and eczema.
- **Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Seed Oil – hair conditioning agent
- ** Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil – mainly used for its refreshing fragrance
- Caprylyl Glycol – is a humectant
- *Certified Organic, **Plant Derived
About Bounce curl :
Bounce Curl is founded by this beautiful lady with instagram handle @mismmo.
She is helped create rawkyn (@raw_kyn), amour360 (@amour.360) and skinasy (www.skintasybeauty.com).
Read the full story here.
The Bounce Curl Tradition of Excellence
At Bounce Curl, we are committed to creating products that do not use harsh chemicals. We carefully select ingredients that can style, moisturize and hold your beautiful curls.